Welcome to Johannesburg's Best Guesthouses
A WARM WELCOME AWAITS YOU at each and every one of our guesthouses and bed & breakfast establishments and boutique lodges.
Our Johannesburg Guesthouses are located in the beautiful northern suburbs falling in and around the central hub of Rosebank
- a vibrant, cosmopolitan commercial, residential and tourist hub. We offer accommodation in Craighall Park, Melville, Parkwood and Parktown North.
Our guest houses are conveniently located only a few minutes away from the Rosebank CBD and Gautrain Station.
The nearby Rosebank Mall, Melrose Arch
, Hyde Park Shopping Centre and Sandton City offer a wonderful selection of department stores, boutiques, book shops and restaurants. The University of Johannesburg and the Witwatersrand as well as Gordon Business Institute [GIBS]
are a short journey away and we're conveniently positioned close to medical facilities such as the Netcare Rosebank Clinic, Wits Donald Gordon Medical Centre
, Netcare Milpark and Sandton Clinic.
What makes us different?
Best price. No commission
. No third party intermediary. Direct and immediate contact with establishment owner. All properties accredited and benchmarked.
Professional Standards and Personal Service
All our guesthouses are bench-marked according to the standards of the National Accommodation of South Africa (NAA-SA)
and belong to the Rosebank Region Accommodation Association
. Many of our guesthouses are star graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
and are ranked in TripAdvisor's Top 10 Johannesburg Inns and B&B's. You can be assured of excellent accommodation in professionally run establishments
Business & Leisure Travel, Short or Long Stays
Whether you are a traveller overnighting, here for a longer stay
, on business or holiday you'll receive a warm welcome. Lush garden settings ensure a tranquil atmosphere
for you to relax and unwind in, after a busy day. We pride ourselves on offering excellent personal service (usually owner-run) with all the luxuries and attention to detail required by discerning business travellers or tourists, at very reasonable rates.
Wide Range of Accommodation Options
We offer a wide range of high quality bed & breakfast
(B&B) and self catering
accommodation ranging from standard bedroom units and suites, to two-bedroomed garden cottages, and self-contained apartments. Some of our guest houses can accommodate families, honeymooners
and even pets! Most have swimming pools.
Neighbourhood News: : Waverley and Waverley Guest House
is a neighbourhood with many old style houses on large acre stands. Trees abound along all the streets and the jacarandas are a delight in the early summer.
The suburb is central. Melrose Arch
(a stone's throw away), Rosebank
, Sandton, Houghton, Illovo, Parktown, Johannesburg City Centre, Wynberg, Woodmead, Edenvale, Linbro Park are all within easy access.
Waverley is close to Grant Avenue in Norwood which has a varied selection of eateries and trendy pavement cafes. Thava
, the famous Indian Cuisine Restaurant, and Grappino
, one of the top Italian restaurants in Johannesburg are both in Norwood, and Paula from Waverley Guest House recommends them highly.
The Waverley Shul
is within walking distance of the entire suburb.
St Mary's Girls School
and Waverley Girls High
are situated within the suburb.
The Centre for Advanced Medicine
, Sasfin, and Vox Telecom are businesses close to Waverley Guest House.
Waverley Guest House
is on double stand of nearly two acres. Wide spreading lawns, shady trees, and a huge Koi pond with the noisiest frogs imaginable delight the guests. Two swimming pools and plenty of spots to sit in and around make for perfect after work relaxation. Quiet and secluded streets add to the seclusion.
Accommodation is within the old Farmhouse. Huge rooms with wooden floors, private verandas, all en-suite, and ample parking are on offer at extremely reasonable rates. In addition, there are several self-catering rooms which are perfect for a longer stay. Watch out for interesting artefacts throughout the property. All rooms have Dstv with Supersport channels.
Enjoy the sophisticated African theme throughout the Guest House - Waverley Guest House is central, comfortable and offers great value for money. Try it!
What to do near Johannesburg Guest Houses in December, with Christmas just a few weeks away
- Richard Cock and the Johannesburg Festival Orchestra, will be performing on The Piazza on 07 December 2018 at 18:30. Make sure you arrive early to get a good seat.
- On 8 December 2018 at 18:30 dancers from Johannesburg Ballet will perform scenes from popular ballets.
- And ... The Piazza will host children's activities from 09-16 December 2018, 09:00 - 16:00 daily. Kids will also be able to enjoy virtual reality gaming at Vortex in front of Woolworths in the middle-level Galleria or in the Vortex store in Whiteley Road (next to the Protea Fire & Ice Hotel). Budding Arianas and Justins can sing their hearts out at Young Rebel Recording Studio in the upper-level Galleria, taking part in karaoke and recording their songs to take home.
Shop, Indulge or Experience during this Festive Season. Johannesburg Best Guest Houses wishes all our clients happy holidays and whatever you celebrate, may you enjoy, relax and unwind with friends and family.
We look forward to welcoming you.
- Montecasino Christmas Village is a magical family experience complete with a festive market, movie screenings and the typical treats, here you can lose yourself in the wonder of a traditional European Christmas market without the cost of a plane ticket!
- SHOP - on sale are unique gifts and magical festive decor like twinkling fairy lights and chair covers to transform your home, tree and table. There will be mouthwatering Christmas cakes and decorated biscuits, as well as items such as wooden boards on which to serve the perfect turkey and picnic baskets for Christmas Day outings. Admire gorgeous elf dresses for little girls and handmade reindeer hats for babies, plus so much more!
- INDULGE - enjoy an ice-cold craft beer, relax and unwind at the trendy gin bar or cool down with a champagne popsicle. Worked up an appetite? Devour a freshly-baked churro or fill up on delicious gourmet burgers.
- EXPERIENCE - the magic of Christmas shopping under twinkling fairy lights while the kids enjoy movies on the big screen
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS THIS YEAR ARE BETTER THAN EVER! December is perfect weather to visit The Christmas lights at Mandela Square and Melrose Arch.