Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse
What makes us different?
As you can see from the review below our accommodation is ideal for long stays and we offer excellent value for money.
This year I spent what would amount to a few months at Liz at Lancaster while in Johannesburg for business. The stay was beyond phenomenal, and in fact it truly felt like home while I was there. My room was superb, Liz is warm and friendly, and the staff always greet you with a huge smile. I also wanted to get in some fun weekend trips away from the city, and Liz provided a wealth of ideas and even helped arrange a car once. Liz's is now the preferred B&B that my co-workers and I want to stay in when we come to South Africa. If you're heading to Joburg and looking for a place to stay, you can't go wrong at Liz's! (PS. Staying here was also incredibly nicer than a nearby B&B I stayed at that was MORE expensive! So it's a good deal too!)
Liz at Lancaster TripAdvisor Guest Review September 2018
Long Track Record and Consistently Good
- Service excellence from owner-manager Liz and her amazing team. With Liz and 2 staff living on-site there is always somebody to attend to any query
- Opened in 1994 as one of the first guesthouses in Johannesburg
- TGCSA 4 Star graded; Top ranking on TripAdvisor of +/- 270 Johannesburg B&Bs (See our reviews); Included in the 2015 regional Lonely Planet; Multiple award winner for quality accommodation and 'going the extra mile'
- Guests love our free 50meg fibre optic w-fi internet
- Liz is an art and heritage historian with special expertise in Joburg, so if you want the insider scoop on Jozi - you've come to the right place
- Perfect balance of privacy and individual attention
Choice of Accommodation
- 2 STANDARD DOUBLE ROOMS with kitchenettes
- 3 STUDIO FLATLETS/APARTMENTS with sleeper couch, dining/work table and kitchenettes
- 2 ONE-BEDROOMED COTTAGES, each having a separate living/dining room and open plan kitchen Studio flatlets and cottages are ideal for LONG STAYS whether for business or leisure travelers or for those relocating
Self-Catering and B&B Options
- Make breakfast in your self-catering unit OR
- Delicious breakfasts cooked & served to order patio (at a time which suits you). Served at individual tables on the breakfast which opens out onto the garden and swimming pool in summer and is warmed by a roaring log fire in winter
Added convenient luxuries like toweling gowns, radio clock alarms, electric blankets, DVD players, a house-branded range of natural soaps
and shampoos, E-spring filtered water and delicious home-made rusks
Grocery Store & Restaurant a 3 minute walk at the end of the block
RATES drop for weekly and monthly stays. Please enquire.