Welcome to Johannesburg's Best Guesthouses
A WARM WELCOME AWAITS YOU at each and every one of our guesthouses and bed & breakfast establishments and boutique lodges.
Our Johannesburg Guesthouses are located in the beautiful northern suburbs falling in and around the central hub of Rosebank
- a vibrant, cosmopolitan commercial, residential and tourist hub. We offer accommodation in Craighall Park, Melville, Parkwood and Parktown North.
Our guest houses are conveniently located only a few minutes away from the Rosebank CBD and Gautrain Station.
The nearby Rosebank Mall, Melrose Arch
, Hyde Park Shopping Centre and Sandton City offer a wonderful selection of department stores, boutiques, book shops and restaurants. The University of Johannesburg and the Witwatersrand as well as Gordon Business Institute [GIBS]
are a short journey away and we're conveniently positioned close to medical facilities such as the Netcare Rosebank Clinic, Wits Donald Gordon Medical Centre
, Netcare Milpark and Sandton Clinic.
What makes us different?
Best price. No commission
. No third party intermediary. Direct and immediate contact with establishment owner. All properties accredited and benchmarked.
Professional Standards and Personal Service
All our guesthouses are bench-marked according to the standards of the National Accommodation of South Africa (NAA-SA)
and belong to the Rosebank Region Accommodation Association
. Many of our guesthouses are star graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
and are ranked in TripAdvisor's Top 10 Johannesburg Inns and B&B's. You can be assured of excellent accommodation in professionally run establishments
Business & Leisure Travel, Short or Long Stays
Whether you are a traveller overnighting, here for a longer stay
, on business or holiday you'll receive a warm welcome. Lush garden settings ensure a tranquil atmosphere
for you to relax and unwind in, after a busy day. We pride ourselves on offering excellent personal service (usually owner-run) with all the luxuries and attention to detail required by discerning business travellers or tourists, at very reasonable rates.
Wide Range of Accommodation Options
We offer a wide range of high quality bed & breakfast
(B&B) and self catering
accommodation ranging from standard bedroom units and suites, to two-bedroomed garden cottages, and self-contained apartments. Some of our guest houses can accommodate families, honeymooners
and even pets! Most have swimming pools.
Neighbourhood News: 7 things to do with kids near our guesthouses during the holidays
- Get swinging at Acrobranch - The Acrobranch park in Melrose consists of four courses (two for kids, two for adults) and is equipped with four zip lines, swing bridges and Tarzan swings. The courses are family-friendly and safe for children as young as three years.
- Red Bus City Tour - The Red Bus City Tour is a hop-on, hop-off excursion which takes you to over 20 of the most interesting attractions in Joburg, from Gold Reef City to the James Hall Transport Museum, with a special audio commentary channel for kids. Keep your eye out for specials which often run over the school holiday period.
- Visit the Cradle of Humankind - Get out of the city and head to the Cradle of Humankind in Maropeng for a family trip that promises to be as fun as it will be educational. The Learner Centre is interactive and informative and will be a hit with both young and old. The main attraction, however, is the underwater boat ride that guides you through the history of Earth's creation in a visceral, awe-inspiring way.
- Spend a day at the Johannesburg Zoo - The Johannesburg Zoo has got all sorts of exciting things lined up for the holidays. Kids from 7-13 years can enjoy a Holiday Fun Day and various other kids' events throughout the year, all of which include animal feeding, crafts and games.
- Explore the night skies at the planetarium - If stars, constellations and comets are your kid's thing, the Johannesburg Wits Planetarium should be at the top of your holiday itinerary. There are experts on site to answer astronomy questions and stoke your child's curiosity in what lies beyond the earth's atmosphere. Added bonus: telescopes are also for sale at the planetarium which means you can take star-gazing into your own hands. Attend the planetarium's public shows this holiday season and consult the site for its show diary.
- Boating at the Zoo Lake Baths - Rent a rowboat at Lions Boating Club and head for some fun on the water. There's an enclosed play area too for some post-picnic activities.
- Adventure golfing for a school hols-in-one - Gather a team of four and head down to the green. The Adventure Golf branches in Stoneridge, Randburg and Fourways take miniature golfing to another level and are great for parties, too.
Whats on near Johannesburg Guest Houses in March and for the next months.....
- The Pantry Market at Keyes is the new artisanal food market, taking place on the last Saturday of every month: specializing in small-batch, artisanal products, from olive oil and honey to fresh produce, charcuterie, confectionery, sourdough bread and cut flowers
Venue: Keyes Art Mile, 19 Keyes Ave, Trumpet Building, Rosebank, Johannesburg | Time: 9am to 2pm | Cost: Free entry
- Dr Seuss the Musical - This kid-friendly production is based on the much-loved Dr Seuss books. Seussical the Musical Jr. brings Seuss' books to life with this musical perfect for the whole family.
Venue: Peoples Theatre at Joburg Theatre, 163 Civic Blvd, Johannesburg | Time: : Mon to Fri 9am to 11am | Sat 10.30am to 2.30pm | Certain Sundays and public holidays 10.30am to 2.30pm | Cost: R140 | R100 Members of the Peoples Theatre kids club
- Sinatra and me - Richard Shelton presents the hit show, Sinatra and Me - an evening of Frank Sinatra's music accompanied by Adam Howard's 17-piece Joburg Big Band. Having recently received the 'Best Actor in a Leading Role' award after playing Frank Sinatra in 'Rat Pack, Confidential,' Shelton in now recreating moments from Sinatra's musical career.
Venue: Mandela Theatre, Joburg Theatre, 163 Civic Blvd, Braamfontein | Date: 21st - 24th March | Time: Thu and Sun 3pm / Fri and Sat 8pm | Cost: R150 - R320
- The 2019 Rand Show - highlights include the popular military display by the SANDF, The Garden and Home Pavilion, Joburg's Talent Show, Clash of Ages Cooking Competition as well as the Fashion and Fitness Model Extravaganza.
Venue: Johannesburg Expo Centre | Date: 19th - 26th April | Cost: R150
- In Good Spirits Festival 2019 - The 2019 In Good Spirits festival includes gin, whisky, tequila, rum, vodka, brandy and mampoer. The festival also brings together some of South Africa's best mixologists to compete for cocktail of the year - also food stalls provided by the chefs of the venue and there are workshops for those who want to improve their mixology skills.
Venue: The Country Club, 1 Napier Road, Auckland Park, Johannesburg | Date: 4 - 6 April