Welcome to Johannesburg's Best Guesthouses
A WARM WELCOME AWAITS YOU at each and every one of our guesthouses and bed & breakfast establishments and boutique lodges.
Our Johannesburg Guesthouses are located in the beautiful northern suburbs falling in and around the central hub of Rosebank
- a vibrant, cosmopolitan commercial, residential and tourist hub. We offer accommodation in Craighall Park, Melville, Parkwood and Parktown North.
Our guest houses are conveniently located only a few minutes away from the Rosebank CBD and Gautrain Station.
The nearby Rosebank Mall, Melrose Arch
, Hyde Park Shopping Centre and Sandton City offer a wonderful selection of department stores, boutiques, book shops and restaurants. The University of Johannesburg and the Witwatersrand as well as Gordon Business Institute [GIBS]
are a short journey away and we're conveniently positioned close to medical facilities such as the Netcare Rosebank Clinic, Wits Donald Gordon Medical Centre
, Netcare Milpark and Sandton Clinic.
What makes us different?
Best price. No commission
. No third party intermediary. Direct and immediate contact with establishment owner. All properties accredited and benchmarked.
Professional Standards and Personal Service
All our guesthouses are bench-marked according to the standards of the National Accommodation of South Africa (NAA-SA)
and belong to the Rosebank Region Accommodation Association
. Many of our guesthouses are star graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
and are ranked in TripAdvisor's Top 10 Johannesburg Inns and B&B's. You can be assured of excellent accommodation in professionally run establishments
Business & Leisure Travel, Short or Long Stays
Whether you are a traveller overnighting, here for a longer stay
, on business or holiday you'll receive a warm welcome. Lush garden settings ensure a tranquil atmosphere
for you to relax and unwind in, after a busy day. We pride ourselves on offering excellent personal service (usually owner-run) with all the luxuries and attention to detail required by discerning business travellers or tourists, at very reasonable rates.
Wide Range of Accommodation Options
We offer a wide range of high quality bed & breakfast
(B&B) and self catering
accommodation ranging from standard bedroom units and suites, to two-bedroomed garden cottages, and self-contained apartments. Some of our guest houses can accommodate families, honeymooners
and even pets! Most have swimming pools.
Neighbourhood News: : Waverley and Waverley Guest House
is a neighbourhood with many old style houses on large acre stands. Trees abound along all the streets and the jacarandas are a delight in the early summer.
The suburb is central. Melrose Arch
(a stone's throw away), Rosebank
, Sandton, Houghton, Illovo, Parktown, Johannesburg City Centre, Wynberg, Woodmead, Edenvale, Linbro Park are all within easy access.
Waverley is close to Grant Avenue in Norwood which has a varied selection of eateries and trendy pavement cafes. Thava
, the famous Indian Cuisine Restaurant, and Grappino
, one of the top Italian restaurants in Johannesburg are both in Norwood, and Paula from Waverley Guest House recommends them highly.
The Waverley Shul
is within walking distance of the entire suburb.
St Mary's Girls School
and Waverley Girls High
are situated within the suburb.
The Centre for Advanced Medicine
, Sasfin, and Vox Telecom are businesses close to Waverley Guest House.
Waverley Guest House
is on double stand of nearly two acres. Wide spreading lawns, shady trees, and a huge Koi pond with the noisiest frogs imaginable delight the guests. Two swimming pools and plenty of spots to sit in and around make for perfect after work relaxation. Quiet and secluded streets add to the seclusion.
Accommodation is within the old Farmhouse. Huge rooms with wooden floors, private verandas, all en-suite, and ample parking are on offer at extremely reasonable rates. In addition, there are several self-catering rooms which are perfect for a longer stay. Watch out for interesting artefacts throughout the property. All rooms have Dstv with Supersport channels.
Enjoy the sophisticated African theme throughout the Guest House - Waverley Guest House is central, comfortable and offers great value for money. Try it!
Whats on near Johannesburg Guest Houses in January and for the next months.....
- The Pantry Market at Keyes is the new artisanal food market, taking place on the last Saturday of every month: specializing in small-batch, artisanal products, from olive oil and honey to fresh produce, charcuterie, confectionery, sourdough bread and cut flowers
Venue: Keyes Art Mile, 19 Keyes Ave, Trumpet Building, Rosebank, Johannesburg | Time: 9am to 2pm | Cost: Free entry
- Pop up Night Market at 44 Stanley - On sale are plenty of food and gifts, and all the shops and restaurants will be staying open for you to be able to buy some amazing goodies.
Venue: 44 Stanley, Milpark, Braamfontein Werf, Johannesburg | Date: 25th January | Time: 5 pm -
- Sinatra and me - Richard Shelton presents the hit show, Sinatra and Me - an evening of Frank Sinatra's music accompanied by Adam Howard's 17-piece Joburg Big Band. Having recently received the 'Best Actor in a Leading Role' award after playing Frank Sinatra in 'Rat Pack, Confidential,' Shelton in now recreating moments from Sinatra's musical career.
Venue: Mandela Theatre, Joburg Theatre, 163 Civic Blvd, Braamfontein | Date: 21st - 24th March | Time: Thu and Sun 3pm / Fri and Sat 8pm | Cost: R150 - R320
- The 2019 Rand Show - highlights include the popular military display by the SANDF, The Garden and Home Pavilion, Joburg's Talent Show, Clash of Ages Cooking Competition as well as the Fashion and Fitness Model Extravaganza.
Venue: Johannesburg Expo Centre | Date: 19th - 26th April | Cost: R150
- Rhino record - This is a group exhibition featuring works of established and emerging artists including James Delaney, Kelly Clohessy, Boitumelo Diseko, Cromwell Ngobeni, Kgalalelo Gaitate, Helene Thomas, Elisabeth Knittelfelder and John Moore. Moore exhibits a collection of works of rhinos that focus on environmental issues by using the rhino to represent the planet.
Venue: Afropolitan Gallery, Victoria Yards, 16 Viljoen St, Lorentzville, Johannesburg | Time: Wed to Fri 10am to 4pm until 30th January | Cost: R250 - R350
- The Mousetrap, Agatha Christie's renowned murder mystery. A group of people gathered in a country house cut off by the snow discover, to their horror, that there is a murderer in their midst.
Venue: Main Theatre, Pieter Toerien Theatre, Montecasino, Montecasino Blvd, Fourways | Date: 23 January - 3 March | Time: Wed to Sat 8pm / Sat 4pm / Sun 3pm | Cost: R100 - R240
- In Good Spirits Festival 2019 - The 2019 In Good Spirits festival includes gin, whisky, tequila, rum, vodka, brandy and mampoer. The festival also brings together some of South Africa's best mixologists to compete for cocktail of the year - also food stalls provided by the chefs of the venue and there are workshops for those who want to improve their mixology skills.
Venue: The Country Club, 1 Napier Road, Auckland Park, Johannesburg | Date: 4 - 6 April