Liz at Lancaster Guesthouse
My daughter and I came to stay over the Easter holidays. Last time we stayed at Liz' guesthouse 3 years ago, so we knew what to look forward to. Breakfast is excellent. The neighborhood is very quiet. There are a couple of restaurants and a supermarket in walking distance. Rosebank and Sandton are close. Liz arranged tickets at Market Theatre for us, which was great! We enjoyed the swimming pool and the garden...
We had such a good time. Liz and her team took care of us, we felt like we were at home. Thank you so much, we will definitely come again
Liz at Lancaster TripAdvisor Guest Review April 2017
Long Track Record and Consistently Good
- Service excellence from owner-manager Liz and her amazing team. With Liz and 2 staff living on-site there is always somebody to attend to any query
- Opened in 1994 as one of the first guesthouses in Johannesburg
- TGCSA 4 Star graded; Top ranking on TripAdvisor of +/- 270 Johannesburg B&Bs (See our reviews); Included in the 2015 regional Lonely Planet; Multiple award winner for quality accommodation and 'going the extra mile'
- Guests love our free 50meg fibre optic w-fi internet
- Liz is an art and heritage historian with special expertise in Joburg, so if you want the insider scoop on Jozi - you've come to the right place
- Perfect balance of privacy and individual attention
Choice of Accommodation
- 2 STANDARD DOUBLE ROOMS with kitchenettes
- 3 STUDIO FLATLETS/APARTMENTS with sleeper couch, dining/work table and kitchenettes
- 2 ONE-BEDROOMED COTTAGES, each having a separate living/dining room and open plan kitchen Studio flatlets and cottages are ideal for LONG STAYS whether for business or leisure travelers or for those relocating
Self-Catering and B&B Options
- Make breakfast in your self-catering unit OR
- Delicious breakfasts cooked & served to order patio (at a time which suits you). Served at individual tables on the breakfast which opens out onto the garden and swimming pool in summer and is warmed by a roaring log fire in winter
Added convenient luxuries like toweling gowns, radio clock alarms, electric blankets, DVD players, a house-branded range of natural soaps
and shampoos, E-spring filtered water and delicious home-made rusks
Grocery Store & Restaurant a 3 minute walk at the end of the block
RATES drop for weekly and monthly stays. Please enquire.